Sunday, July 18, 2010

He took it better than I thought...

So having delivered two babies prior to Solomon, I knew the question was going to come up at my 6 week post partum check up.

My doctor wanted to know what kind of birth control I wanted.

"None." *big smile*

"Okay." *small pause* "I'll see you in a year, for your annual appointment. Give me a ring, if I can help you with anything."

Oh Father, You've brought me so far. I trust You with everything... including the growing of our family as You see fit. I can't imagine missing out on my sweet Solomon because I thought I could plan our child spacing in some worldly, "ideal" way. The world sees my boys as too close in age and too much work especially because I have two in diapers. But You have blessed us with another son. Thank You for creating that burning desire for a larger family after my last miscarriage. You worked our sadness into good, just like it says in Romans 8:28! I sincerely hope You have more blessings in our future. I'm still in awe that I've been blessed with four little people, so fearfully and wonderfully made! Amen.

~Steph

No comments: