Thursday, May 16, 2013

Brassy to Classy

(Ahhhh... my computer issue is almost worked out.  Waiting on the new one to be delivered any day!)


One of the supplies I picked up during our Lowe's trip was some black satin high heat paint.

See, our fireplace insert was horrible brass. It glared at me from across the room. All I could think about some days was painting it black.

So I did.

I didn't take a good "before" because I taped it up rather impulsively. 


The high heat paint is S-T-I-N-K-Y! And thin. So if you try this at home, go slow to prevent dripping. It took two very thin coats. The first coat almost was enough but you could see some brass showing through the brush strokes. So I did one more super thin coat.

And it looked amazing!



This painting thing is a sickness! I taped up the mantle and painted it white like the trim.



Ahhhh so much better!!!!  Then I taped up a few paint samples and stared. 



 

By the way, I love our video monitor.  See it in the bottom right of this picture?  How did I ever parent infants without it? 

~Steph

1 comment:

Erika said...

That fireplace insert looks WAY better!! I didn't even know there was such a thing as high-heat paint... so smart!!!