Friday, May 4, 2012

Pregnancy Update- Week 24

Today, I am officially 24 weeks.  It's a huge milestone in high risk pregnancies because 24 weeks is the accepted line for viability and many hospitals will begin to fight for your baby.  10 weeks ago, when I was in the hospital with the subchorionic hemmorhage, 24 weeks seemed so very far away. 

And here I am.  Praise God!

I think I failed to mention some of the great news we got about baby Isaiah and our pregnancy on our blog. 

I was allowed up off of bedrest after 2 weeks, because when I had that next ultrasound there was no evidence of a subchorionic hemmorhage and the placenta had reattached.  They noted I had a marginal previa but also told me that they normally don't even check that early for previa so there was still time for it to correct itself.  If it didn't correct itself, I'd have to have another csection.  (Which I know from experience is not the end of the world, but I was hoping not to have to go that route.) 

That ultrasound was when we found out that we were expecting a little boy! 

By the next ultrasound (the big anatomy scan), the placenta had been pulled up and I no longer had a previa.  My doctor told me that I am back to being listed as a normal pregnancy!  This was music to our ears and we walked out of the office on cloud 9! 

I continued to measure wayyy ahead but as of my 23 week appointment, I am measuring more on target.  *smile* 

My doctor would like me to continue getting the P17 shots until I am 34 weeks.  The shots are NOT kind to me, but I'm taking one (or 18) for the team.

We are so very thankful that things have seemed to settle down around here healthwise. We are still very thankful for your thoughts and prayers. ~Stephanie

No comments: