Friday, August 19, 2011

Finally, a meet up with Susanna!

We took a little detour on our way back from New Jersey and stopped in at my friend's home. You may remember that we were supposed to go to a Memorial Day Picnic that Susanna and Joe host and that didn't work out earlier this year.



Susie had a very hectic day and was just eating breakfast (!!) when I called to let her know that we were stuck in traffic and wouldn't be arriving when I thought... That was between 2-3pm. (They were preparing for Susie to travel to meet their Katie-Bird!)


However, God had amazing plans for our meeting. One of her friends brought her supper that afternoon, so she was able to finish what she needed and didn't have to worry about supper prep. And it was enough that she asked us to join them for dinner. This gave us more time to chat!


Their house was our refuge after a few whirlwind days. Brandon and I were able to encourage Joe and Susanna in their adoption and the calm and peace in their home and their personalities were able to soothe our frazzled nerves. Of course, I was able to blabber about our newest baby girl and I had a chance to view a video of Katie! We also talked a lot about her upcoming trip.



Joe unknowingly really encouraged Brandon in their chats. I have found incredible support online through the MOMYS group and I often forget that Brandon is often lacking that fellowship and encouragement.


I did get to hold sweet Verity for a few seconds, but stranger anxiety has set in. I understood full well since Solomon is only about a month or so older than Verity.



I have to say that her part of Pennsylvania is GORGEOUS! It was very green and there were fields and livestock outside our windows for most of that portion of our drive. The area had a very innocent feel to it. Let's just say that there was a marked difference between it and Philadelphia. ;)


Susanna and Joe, along with their ten children, were gracious hosts. I wish we had more time to spend with them.. but as I said during our departure, I bet I have no problems getting Brandon back out there again! ;)


~Steph


PS: This was just the beginning of a series of blessings poured out upon us.... I can't wait to share all that God has done! AND Blogger is giving me FITS! I'm trying to upload a picture of a horse and buggy parked in the parking lot of a grocery store!

No comments: