Monday, August 1, 2011

Tiny droplets of blessings...

4:59 on Friday afternoon is a moment of dread for every adoptive parent out there. It means your agency is about to close and except for rare occasions you don't hear anything until the office opens again on Monday.

However, this weekend was different. Friday evening I felt defeated and I spent a good amount of time in prayer asking God to please help me to stand the waiting.

Saturday I was shocked to find an email from our adoption coordinator in my inbox! It was confirming our travel dates to visit with Annalise and her foster family. It was a little droplet of encouragement and we counted it as a blessing.

So imagine my surprise when I got another email this evening, answering some questions I had typed asking for more information about Annalise. I sent the email on Friday afternoon and knew it had to go through the proper chain (our coordinator, foster coordinator, foster family and then all the way back!) so I wasn't expecting it back quickly. And yet it came. :)

Another tiny droplet to keep me going...

These tiny crumbs are helping the time pass more quickly.

But I think I've also worn this song out...

Praising and serving Him as we wait,

Stephanie

PS: Brandon and I moved our church letter this morning to the church we've been attending the last couple of months. This is a HUGE milestone after 2.5 years of searching for a church home and visiting a ton of churches (I lost count when we hit the 20's.) To my Warren readers- I have to say, you raised the bar very high! We love you and miss you! It was definitely a bittersweet moment but it feels good to settle in.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Steph -

Sounds like things are going really well! So excited for your growing family. :)

~Tammy