This morning at 4 am I woke up to the sound of Xander vomiting. His dinner was recognizable in the vomit... 11 hours after he ate it.
We got him and the linens changed and he went back to sleep.
This morning we did another sweat test for cystic fibrosis and again.. he didn't sweat enough.
This morning he ate very little breakfast. A small sausage patty, a half a piece of toast and a handful of cereal. He refused rice milk.
And then all he wanted to do was rock. If I slowed down the rocking chair he would scrunch up his eyebrows and say, "Rock, mama."
So I did.
For over 2 hours. And then he vomited all over me and him. Again, more chunks of food.
The endocrinologist came in and said that his TSH was only a little high and that it couldn't cause all of this. The plan is repeat that lab in 6 weeks with our regular provider.
And then the diarrhea started. He's had two diarrhea diapers in a little over an hour and a half.
We changed the rice milk to pedialyte and he refused to drink.
The attending doctor came and spoke with me at length about his entire medical history. The immediate plan was that if he didn't drink a cup of pedialyte in 2 hours we would have to re-iv him.
He just finished his second cup. So at least we are holding off on the IV.
But we are back to the drawing board. The attending said she was going to the medical director and back to the gastroenterologist that we consulted yesterday. She is asking for a colonoscopy while we are inpatient.
In the meantime, she is going to speak with other collegues and see if she can come up with something... anything to help us.
At least today I feel heard.