Monday, January 2, 2012

No More Even Stevens...

A few days ago we were telling the girls that I had a doctor's appoinment today.


Julianne looked a little sad, so I asked her what was going on. She told me that she really hopes God answers her prayers and she gets a little sister. We told her that it was too early to tell and not to worry, that God has it alllll planned out. :)


Then DeLainey came up with a grand idea. She thought we could have twins! A boy and a girl to keep our "teams" even. Julianne liked the idea better than a single boy.. and then she got a look on her face. I've learned this look means to brace myself.


"No! We should have TWIN girls. Lainey got two boys when she prayed for two boys, so I'll just pray for twin girls."


Well.. we told her that twins sounded scary to Mommy and Daddy, but that we would be thankful if there were twins or just one baby. And that we'd be thankful no matter what gender the baby is.


But the conversation stuck with us and started making us wonder.... especially since twins run in my family...


So one of Brandon's first questions during my ultrasound today was "How many are in there?"


Just one. :)

And then we saw a sweet little heartbeat flickering away. Ultrasounds never get old!


So, no more Even Stevens. One "team" will outnumber the other come August.



(Sorry the picture isn't fabulous. Ultrasound paper is very shiny and it was hard to get a picture without the glare, but covering my last name and my doctor's name. )



Baby #5 is due August 24th, 2012. I was thankful that I paid attention to my body and knew that "the wheel" was going to be wrong. Since I have preterm labor having an accurate due date is very important. By knowing this, I also knew not to worry when the baby measured "behind" according to the nurse's first date. Baby measured perfectly to my dates. I'm so thankful that I listened to the quiet whisperings of the Father.



God, we are SO thankful for this new little life. We know that life has been crazy the last few weeks, but we know that Your timing is perfect. We rest in that. I know that we'll work out the logistics with a lot of prayer and planning. I can't wait to see who You are knitting in secret. We love You and praise You and can't wait to see what You have in store for us in 2012. In Your Son's most precious name, Amen!"



~Stephanie

6 comments:

Margery said...

Congrats on having another little bee :)

Debbie Fitts said...

Hearing or seeing that heartbeat never gets old. Hope you are feeling well.

Anonymous said...

I can see the baby .wow i am so happy for you it gives me hope i am rooting for delainey twins yay you never known one could be hideing. Cookgirls4

Trish said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

(farmermom on MOMYS)

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Congrats again!!! :)

BlessedBeyondMeasurex8 said...

Congratulations! Im so happy for you guys.

Maudie
(maudie81) momys