Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, Julianne Arissa!!!

Birthday season has really been busy this year! (All of the children were born in Feb-June with only March as a break!)

Dear Julianne,

Goodness me! Time has flown. My pregnancy with you was the hardest but I always knew that you'd be worth it. We fought to conceive you and we fought to carry you as long as I did. I had faith that God was going to allow you to come to us even when things looked bleak. I'll never forget Daddy rubbing my hair while I was in the operating room. I was so curious about what was going on, on the other side of the blue curtain. Daddy peaked and said "You don't want to know!" Did I mention he was white as a ghost? All I wanted was to hear you cry and the first thing my OB said was "Mom, her lungs are fine." You really let those nurses have it!

You are growing up to be such a sweet, lively little girl. Your nickname has been "Sass" and "Sassy" since you were old enough to talk. You earned it honestly and for quite some time you had a very smart mouth. Overtime, it's turned into quick wit and hilariousness with a touch of sass, but you've definitely learned to reign that in.

You live life with exuberance. You smile easily. You love thoroughly! I don't know who is more excited about our next adoption, you or me. But your face lights up when you talk about "another brother or sister." Every time you see baby clothes you say "Oh this would be PER-FECT for the new baby!"

Just recently, I asked you what if the baby was a boy instead of the girl you've prayed for and you answered "It'll still be a baby and that is all that matters." Well said, my sweetie.

You feel everything to extremes and while that means that when you are happy, you are really happy, it also means when your feelings are hurt, they are very hurt. This past year you've learned that Mommy appears unaffected when you tell her that you aren't friends with her anymore. While it pierced my heart, you had to learn that I'm mommy first. I will always love you to the moon and back.

You and I are so much alike and while at times it causes us to butt heads, it also means that I can read your mind and predict your reactions usually. You also look most like me and I have to say, it's pretty amazing looking into "my" eyes when we look at each either.

I pray that you continue to live life to the fullest. I pray that you always love your youngest siblings as much as you do right now. I pray that you are always the little firecracker that you are. I pray that you never lose your stubborness but instead learn to channel it to the things that really matter.

I can't wait to see who you turn out to be. But remember our conversation in the van today. No matter how big you are, no matter how many "fingers" or "hands" you are, no matter how tall you are--you will always be my baby. I'll always be your safe place to land and I'll always be your corner. No matter what.

Love you to the moon and back, times infinity,

Momma

No comments: