Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Neon Sign Kinda Girl...


I've ALWAYS been what I call a "Neon Sign kinda girl." I bet you are wondering what exactly that means... Stay with me while I attempt to explain.


Have you ever been in a situation where there is a fork in a road? And you aren't sure which way to go? You pray, you ask other people's advice.. perhaps you even fast. But the way you are supposed to go isn't clearly lit? It's not marked. One path doesn't look particularly more rough or rugged... so you can't use the process of elimination.


That is me... Over the years this has happened several times. And honestly, I have to pray for God to not only give me a sign... but to give me a neon sign. I like to think He giggles over His children.. like I giggle behind cupboard doors at my own children. Perhaps He says something like "Yup.. that is my child.. my neon sign child..." Maybe He sighs... or shakes His head. I do that with my own children, afterall.


We've been given some neon signs in the past. For example, Brandon prayed over leaving a previous company and going to another company. It involved a pay cut and we weren't really sure. Both options had their own positives.. and then suddenly he was let go from his old company. And almost immediately he got a interview with the company he was considering. He's worked for them for a few years now. I got my neon sign.


I'm at a place now that I need a sign... not a little sign... or a temporary sign... I need a neon sign.


(Sorry to be vague... I just can't say too much right now.)


No comments: