Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, SassyRoo!

Julianne (SassyRoo) turned 7 years old on June 7th. Unfortunately, Daddy had an event at work that day and was unable to use a vacation day to stay home.

So on her actual birthday, we did some celebrating but the majority had to wait for the next week.

Julianne chose her birthday meal (spaghetti, garlic bread and salad) and didn't have any school.

It was also National Donut Day, so she chose donuts for her birthday treat.  (Xander and Solomon had  coconut milk icecream sandwiches.. stupid allergies)



The next Friday, we used our season passes for Water Country USA and Busch Gardens.

We had a ton of fun at Water Country and we were surprised at how smoothly taking five children, 10 and under to a water park went!

Only once did I panic because I thought I lost a child.  I furiously count heads anytime we are out in public.  Especially if we are without strollers.  (Water Country IS stroller friendly but we didn't know that ahead of time!)

So imagine us walking along the walk way when I suddenly only counted FOUR children.

Gulp.

So I recounted-- Four?

So I recounted--- YUP. FOUR!

So I went down the list.. Lainey, Julianne, Xander..Solomon.... 

OMYGOODNESS.

Where is Solomon??!?!?

So I start saying, "Solomon!  Solomon Kincaid!  Where are you?  Solomon!?"  And when I calmed down enough to listen to what my family was telling me, I realized that I was holding Solomon's hand the whole time.

When I looked down, he looked up at me, smiled, and  waved.

I think I shaved at least a few months off of my life.

Other than that, and Julianne not really wanting to ride much (after requesting Water Country) the day at the waterpark was pretty uneventful.  It was pretty tiring though.

And,of course, we didn't stop there....



God, I'm so thankful for each one of my children.  Time is going by so fast and I wish I could slow it down.  It has been very interesting to see how each little personality has added a layer of depth and sweetness to our family.  Please continue to protect our family as we go on these adventures. We love sharing about you when people stop us and comment about how they could never do this.  We couldn't either, without You.  You get all the praise and glory.  Amen.  

~Stephanie

No comments: