Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Actually contemplating settling down...

Settling down? You have four children and you've been married 7 years!

Ahhhh, yes. But not that settle down.

I've been peeking at real estate!

Our rent here is outrageous by our Augusta's standards. It hurts me to write that check each month. While our current lease is up in October, I don't think it will happen that soon. I don't think we'll feel comfortable buying until at least fall 2013.

I've looked at real estate here before, but I never really looked because I wasn't staying. Remember? This was a year plan and we were going home.

But lately I've noticed that when I talk about Georgia, I say Georgia. Or "Where we grew up." Or "Where we lived before."

When I have a bad day, I don't have pangs of homesickness. Sure I miss people. But not the location.

Now when I have a bad day, I go for a drive... around here. And I've found some gorgeous spots that make me smile even on the worst days.

Something is changing.. and I can't put my finger on it. But this has become home.

...Only took 32ish months.

PS: I just did something special, and I'm dying to share, but I can't. Someone (ahem.. my husband) reads this blog regularly. Trust me, if I pull this off, I'll be sure to share as soon as I can!

No comments: